Scene + Heard this week

March 2, 2012

18 days until Spring!  Enough said!

This week, I'm sending a shout-out to video publicity for arts events!

Specifically...
  • This trailer for A Beautiful Thing at Theater Latte Da (featuring my beloved Anna Sundberg's butt!).

  • This video my very talented friend Kristen Graves made in hopes of getting the attention of ELLEN.

  • This trailer for 2 Sugars, Room For Cream, featuring the witty and wonderful duo of Carolyn Pool and Shanan Custer (and shot and edited by Ben!).
In other news:

Open Eye Figure Theatre extended their run of The Sorcerer's Apprentice until March 11.  I saw this on Sunday and LOVED it!  There are puppets!  And an orchestra!  And, next week I'll be posting an interview I did with their co-founder Michael Sommers.

ARTCRANK has their Minneapolis show coming up April 14.  They combine two of my favorite things: bicycles and posters!  I have the honor of acting as volunteer coordinator, so I'm sure I'll be posting more about that.

The Walker, in collaboration with Mnartists.org, is posting a new series of essays about integrating art-making and life called The Family Business.  The first one is posted here.

The Red Eye Theater has their annual fundraiser tomorrow night!  There will be performances!  And, drinks!  And artists!

Tonight, I'm excited to go see Jon Ferguson's latest physical theatre production, A Bun For A Door Handle.  Woohoo!  Happy weekend, everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© This is the Blog That Laura Wrote All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger