New Projects: MERONYMY at Red Eye

August 24, 2012

A week ago I started working on a movement score for Rachel Jendrzejewski's MERONYMY, which is being produced by the Red Eye.

I showed up at the first rehearsal overly caffeinated, and unsure of where to start or what would work. The willing cast quickly put me at ease, jumping 100% into whatever strange direction or exercise I gave them. And then I remembered that creating a piece is just like any new thing in life: you ask yourself what you are sure of (sometimes there are many things, and sometimes the list is short), and then you constantly check in with where you're trying to go. Gradually, the questions get answered.

I'm really thrilled to be working on Rachel's play.





1 comments:

  1. [...] week we’re in tech for MERONYMY at Red Eye. If you’ve been through tech weeks, you know that they are full of stop and [...]

    ReplyDelete

 

© This is the Blog That Laura Wrote All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger