Performance For Your Election Season Stress

November 2, 2012



This pre-election week is leaving me in need of some media fasting and a few extra downward dogs (with accompanying deep breaths, of course). I cleaned out my google reader and felt so much better. Now, to stop listening to election amendment debates...

As I mentioned before, this particular election is really important to me. Lots of my dear friends and their kids would be hurt if the marriage amendment passes. I've let my voice be heard (and tried to educate others), posted my lawn signs, and now I'm needing to practice emotional separation so that I don't turn into a cloud of negativity. DON'T DO IT!

But, if you live in the Twin Cities, you don't need to look far to find a bubble of happy, because there are so many wonderful things on stage right now! Shanan Custer and Carolyn Pool are kickass talents that will make you laugh until your abs hurt. Their show 2 Sugars, Room For Cream has been remounted at the Hennepin Theatre Trust. There's also some great Sondheim playing thanks to Theatre Latte Da's Company-- and that guy always makes me get in touch with my soul and all of that. Also- Open Eye Figure Theatre's The Learning Fairy is back with episode 2! The first episode was my favorite performance from last year. It was pure joy- every minute of it- so maybe I'll try and catch it a few times before Tuesday.

Happy voting.

[Image by Lisa Congdon, used with permission.]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© This is the Blog That Laura Wrote All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger