Books + Performance To Make Winter Fly By

January 25, 2013

Happy Weekend!

My tactic for enjoying winter is staying busy. Also: huddling up with soup and serial television; spending as much time as possible in the sauna at the gym; reading.

This weekend I'm excited to see part of the Outlet Performance Festival-- taking place in a huge underground space in Minneapolis. Two of my Twin Cities dance favorites (HIJACK and Chris Yon) are performing. I love that there's a lot of local performance happening in creative spaces. Also showing in the Twin Cities: the 3rd weekend of the Walker's Out There series.

If you're staying in your house huddled in a blanket, I highly suggest listening to this interview of Seth Godin by Krista Tippett of NPR's On Being. It's great. Krista also interviewed Brené Brown in December, which I hope to listen to soon. Brené wrote The Gifts of Imperfection, which I just finished reading. I found it to be full of the profound. Especially good stuff for artists, who aren't strangers to vulnerable situations. Especially actors: I don't know how you do it.

And, the future reading list, which I'm taking on Winter Cabin Retreat 2013:

Seth Godin's The Icarus Deception
Brené Brown's Daring Greatly
Tara Gentile's The Art of Earning
Danielle LaPorte's The Desire Map

{Thanks to my Dad and his awesome wife for sending me a couple of these goodies.}

...I think after these I'll be ready to read something like Charles Dickens. Or another chef memoir (my preferred book genre).

Another winter tactic: Vitamin D.

Stay warm.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© This is the Blog That Laura Wrote All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger