Jiro Dreams of Sushi

March 13, 2013








Last weekend Ben and I finally watched Jiro Dreams of Sushi. I loved it-- no surprise with my dual fixation on documentaries and food. It tells the story of Jiro, an 85-year-old who is considered to be one of the world's top sushi chefs. His 10-seat restaurant is located in a Tokyo subway station.

The gorgeous shots of fish and rice preparation are reason enough to see the film. But, it's Jiro's perspective on work that won my heart. Yes, he dreams of sushi, and admits he has never once wished for another job. Can you imagine if everyone in the world woke up with a similar sense of calling? I'm inspired by Jiro's dedication to work-- the idea of waking up every day and feeling the desire to know more, to dive into your vocation fully. And, I feel excited to be headed in this direction.

2 comments:

  1. I keep seeing this on Netflix and have yet to watch it. I want to now! To never wish for another job? Sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I regret waiting so long to watch it! DO IT!

      Delete

 

© This is the Blog That Laura Wrote All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger