Spring Eating

April 3, 2013

I learned to cook as a kid, and have mostly practiced intuitive cooking. Meaning, I know what goes well together, approximately how long it takes to cook most things, and that everything (in my opinion) tastes better with a good amount of garlic. It wasn't until I was in my mid 20's that I realized that cookbooks aren't a crutch-- they're awesome! They teach you cooking techniques you wouldn't have thought of on your own, and push you to utilize new seasonings and ingredients.

I put the cry out on facebook for a good vegetarian cookbook to add to my collection, and my friend Candy suggested a new cookbook by a local nutritionist and chef, Anna Dvorak.  Anna's published it as an e-cookbook, and is releasing a section of it for each season. I bought the recently released Spring edition-- with over 60 Spring-inspired recipes (all vegetarian and gluten-free). The e-cookbook is called Nourish: Cooking With Love in Four Seasons.

I love Anna's idea of encouraging seasonal eating through her recipes. Spring means moving past root vegetables and brussel sprouts (even though I love them, it's time for something new). Last night we made asparagus with lemon aoili, and then a salad with carrot ginger dressing-- both Anna's recipes. They tasted like Spring, people.




Isn't that green stunning? I can't wait to see the trees the same color.

Do you have a favorite cookbook?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© This is the Blog That Laura Wrote All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger