Rest + Think + Hum To Yourself

July 16, 2013



What if you dropped everything that you didn't ABSOLUTELY have to do (i.e. show up at your job or your sister's wedding), and only did what you wanted to for 30 days, with no (well, hardly any) sense of obligation? What would it look like?

It's full-fledged summertime, and I'm in need of some kind of break or mental reset. I know this because even the most fun things in my life are starting to feel a little burdensome, and life is too short to feel like that. So I'm taking a 30-day work hiatus from everything but a couple of clients I've made commitments to, and my part-time job. Instead I plan to do some or all of the following:
  • Sit on my porch and stare at the sky.
  • Cook new things.
  • Attend the Minnesota Fringe.
  • Write letters.
  • Grill.
  • Go Swing-king (drinking a beer on a swing).
  • Swim.
  • Watch Pina
  • Concoct movement experiments in my living room.
  • Meditate.
  • Read books that have remained half-finished for awhile.
  • Ride my bike. 
  • Go to yoga.
  • Journal.
  • Catch up with old friends at spontaneous times.
  • Eat lunch from a food truck. 
  • Search for summer dresses at the thrift store. 
  • Go to a puppet show
  • Avoid setting my alarm whenever possible.
What would your days look like if you could do anything with them? Really. I believe that it's possible to fill our lives with the contents we most desire, and I'm challenging myself to do it.

I'm taking a break from writing in this space for the month, but I'll be back mid-August. Meanwhile, I plan on posting some of the summer goodness on Instagram.

HAPPY SUMMER!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© This is the Blog That Laura Wrote All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger