Hard Boiled Eggs: Martha is Right

August 27, 2013

Eggs could possibly be responsible for a great deal of my personal happiness. I love them. I usually cook them over easy or basted, but I like them hard boiled occasionally.

Most foods are better with an egg on them. TRUTH. Which is why I'm writing about them today, while I've pledged to never blog about topics like my eyebrows.

Have you spent precious life moments trying to figure out why boiled eggs are sometimes really easy to peel, and sometimes a total mess? Maybe Ben and I aren't the only humans who get worked into a tizzy over such topics. And what IS the proper amount of time to boil an egg if you want the white cooked, but a center that isn't rock hard and green? You probably want to know. And luckily Martha has the answers.

Stewart, of course. What other Martha is there? I followed her directions, and I've (TWICE) made the perfect boiled eggs. Also: it turns out that if you put a couple tablespoons of baking soda in the water, the eggs are easier to peel. I've also tried this TWICE with really good results, so I feel safe endorsing this method. Go check out Martha Stewart's egg suggestions. You'll be glad you did.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© This is the Blog That Laura Wrote All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger