It's What's For Dinner

September 27, 2013

I've been thinking about food. Our cooking has been pretty unadventurous lately-- mostly focused on putting food in our stomachs, and using up whatever farmer's market produce we have. Which is fine sometimes.

A month or so ago I put out an Instagram call for new cookbooks. I like cookbooks-- even if just for a starting/inspiration place.


My default cookbooks/foodie idea sources are these four:
  • Jamie Oliver's The Naked Chef Takes Off: This cookbook has my favorite pizza dough recipe, great salad dressings, and a killer lamb curry.
  • Lynn Rossetto Kasper and Sally Swift's The Splendid Table's' How To Eat Supper: Clever takes on simple recipes that I wouldn't think of-- a great turkey burger recipe, and my favorite chicken and leek recipe.
  • Melissa Joulwan's Well Fed: Paleo Recipes For People Who Love To Eat: The cookbook that helped me survive my Whole30 with flying colors. And even if you aren't interested in Paleo, her sauces and inventive recipes are ridiculously delicious.
  • Orangette: Because, well, Molly. 

Folks on Instagram shared these cookbook/food website recommendations with me:
I can't wait to check these out, and to spend a little more time thinking about food. What are your recommendations? I'm generally looking for recipes that are light on gluten, heavy on flavor and veggies, and don't take all day to prepare. Meanwhile, check out Mo Perry's writing for Live Better America on 16 Ways To Eat Your Favorite Fall Produce, which is like a mini fall cookbook in and of itself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© This is the Blog That Laura Wrote All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger