Words from Maurice Sendak

November 27, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving eve!

I was so glad to come across this Illustrated Talk with Maurice Sendak again recently, and loved it as much the second time as the first. Prepare with kleenex. Sendak speaks eloquently about life and growing older. It also features my very favorite Terry Gross.



I am feeling especially fortunate this year for about a million things. On the top of my list is 'impermanence': the truth that life is constantly changing and evolving, never staying the same. Even a year ago, knowing that change was inevitable terrified my control freak self. Today I count it as the best thing ever-- an opportunity to stay awake and present, and a good reminder that even the hard stuff eventually passes. Live your life, indeed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© This is the Blog That Laura Wrote All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger