Small Art #4: A Winter Warmer

January 14, 2014

I looked at my calendar last week and realized that the winter edition of Small Art is....TUESDAY! I'm particularly excited about this show: music by Karen Townsend, two films by Kevin Obsatz, and a preview of my Small Dances project.

I'm excited because...
  • This will be the first public screening of Kevin's film Aberdeen! I am NOT viewing it online beforehand, because I'm all about the surprise.
  • Karen is playing the accordion (maybe my favorite instrument), and I get to hear her big, gutsy voice live for the first time.
  • My lovely performers-- Charles Campbell, Lazer Goese, Erika Hansen, and Tom Lloyd-- will finally get to experience what it's like to dance these pieces in a tiny environment. I think we're all in for a surprise or two (we've been rehearsing in a large studio).
  • We get to have another Small Art! These shows are my very favorite.
If you'd like to come see the show on Tuesday the 21st (7:30 start), RSVP at SmallArtMN[at]gmail[dot]com.

You can read Small Art press over here, read more about it over here, or follow our facebook page.

[Thanks to Nicole Weiler for the classy photo above.]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© This is the Blog That Laura Wrote All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger