A dance performance, or a party

February 21, 2014


We are all packed up! I'm about to lose internet! I wish I had better documentation of last week's Small Dances shows-- other than this iphone shot of the back of audience member's heads!

Seriously though: we had some awesome, party-esque Small Dances performances last week, including this night in the Ivy building, where we had a potluck picnic on astroturf before the show. I truly love this work, the outstanding performers in it, and the food and wine-sharing gatherings we've been having at each of the performances.

We could all probably use a party at this point in the winter, and I hope you're able to make it to this one (as long as it doesn't involve a long drive or a flight). We have 6 more performances open to the public. I'm especially looking forward to Sunday's, which will take place in my very empty St. Paul living room post-move. I like to think of it as a last rite of passage to this space where I made the piece, and experienced The Most Personal Growth Ever.

You can read more about our run over here, and more about the piece on the City Pages blog. Email SmallArtMN(at)gmail(dot)com if you'd like a reservation. 

I'd also like to remind Minnesotans everywhere that there's an end to winter in sight: Daylight Savings is in 16 days!!!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© This is the Blog That Laura Wrote All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger