Celebrate

April 14, 2014


Greetings Monday!

Mad King Thomas performed at our house Saturday night, and it was just the christening our little place needed. Also, having wonderful people in your home is a serious joy enhancer. Feeling sad? You obviously need more streamers and balloons, which our house is now filled with because there was a birthday party in the performance. Now, every time the heat goes off the balloons blow into the air and the cats have instant entertainment. So do I!

It seems like you're all doing pretty fantastic things lately, and I want to take a moment to get stoked about them:
  • My awesome Laura Beth Brown got accepted on a full ride to the University of Texas at Austin to get her Masters in Printmaking! They take one printmaker a year folks, and that fabulous person is it! While I am in mourning for the long-distance course our relationship will take, I can't think of anyone more deserving.
  • The fabulous Jessica Plagens got a new full-time design job, but I'm ever more excited about her new website, and the smart things she's writing there. I love this piece on artistic failure!
  • I'm listening to podcasts while I type away at work. While I haven't yet turned to crafting (I'm sure there's potential for me to get into anything but scrapbooking), I'm enjoying this one.
  • Do you know fabulous my friend Levi (I know, sometimes this blog is just a brag-fest about my friends)? He wants to have coffee dates with awesome creative people. Who should he chat with? Probably you. Ask him to coffee. 
  • Last but not least, a shout-out to Jesse Haas of Jesse Haas Massage and Nutrition. I hadn't had a massage in a loong time (I'm embarrassed to admit, a year), and I was reminded that Jesse is, simply put, amazing. In addition to giving a kickass massage, she's such a fantastic combination of knowledge and compassion and wonderful resources. I can't recommend her enough. We all need more big-hearted, grounded health professionals in our lives. 
Have a grand week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© This is the Blog That Laura Wrote All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger