Just Start

January 5, 2015


It's the first Monday of the new year, which makes it everyone's start day: start work, start into that resolution, start a new project. I'm back to work and rehearsals today after a very leisurely couple of weeks, and I'm half excited and half daunted-- the usual. My work for the year is 'motion', and I'm thinking about it in several ways. The first and most obvious is about simply acting-- moving forward first, thinking later (which is better advice when it comes to creative projects than human interactions/behaviors) in hopes of finding a groove and figuring out next steps. 

I'm remembering these things:
  • There's no better way to start than to start
  • Aim for progress, not perfection
  • Set reasonable expectations
  • Break it down into doable chunks
  • Doing the Work is the only cure for roadblocks
I'd love to hear what you're doing and making and attempting in the new year!

[And on a related note, Broccoli for 2014]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© This is the Blog That Laura Wrote All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger