I Like You | 1

September 3, 2015


A few things I've read/listened to lately that I want to hang onto & think about & share:

+ There are just a few hours left in midwife/postpartum coach Rebecca Egbert's kickstarter for Little Mother's Helper, a deck of cards designed to help women through the postpartum months. It's really cool- exactly what I would have liked to have had available to me during this time.

+ Speaking of motherhood, I loved this article from Amanda Palmer about the mix of motherhood and art-making, and Austin Kleon's list of books on this topic

+ I have been listening to a lot of podcasts- handy when folding diapers and going on walks and when your brain is too overstimulated for television. Sometimes I like podcasts where I'm learning something, but mostly I'm into empathy and things that make me cry while cleaning. It's like free therapy!

+ Brené Brown has a new book, and it's about getting up after you fall. RESILIENCE, baby! It was my birthday gift to myself. So far, so awesome.

+ If you're a local and like supporting arty things, come to our Twin Cities Producers Circle season preview party on September 25! It's free! Wine and snacks! Art-like things made by myself and Candy Simmons and Julie Johnson. You can find out more on our Facebook page as the date approaches.

+ I really love this print, and think it belongs in my house. Support a local artist!

+ Maker/performer Emily Gastineau writes about Art in the Attention Economy for mnartists.org. I've been thinking on many of these things for the piece I'm making for February. Emily is a super smart writer. 

+ People ask me all the time for tips on making your own website. I think these common website-making mistakes shared in this piece are really helpful.

Tell me about something hopeful and/or useful and/or inspiring you've found in the world! (I like emails, too: LMholway[at]gmail[dot]com.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© This is the Blog That Laura Wrote All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger